The following are the
minimum standards that have been set for eligibility for service.
Meeting these minimums does not guarantee you a position on the squad but
we cannot consider you for service unless you meet these minimums:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 21-years of age at the time of application.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and be able to produce a copy of same.
- Shall not have been convicted of any crime and must not be convicted of any crime after becoming a
- Must have and maintain the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in the English language.
- Must be able to fill out reports and other documents when required.
- Must reside within a one-hour drive of the City of Three Rivers.
- Must be able to fulfill the following time requirements:
- Traffic control duty during all community parades.
- Auxiliary training sessions as required.
- Crowd and traffic control duty during the Three Rivers Water Festival.
- Halloween patrol duty.
- Firearms qualifications (semi-annually)
- Mandatory meetings (monthly, and as determined by the Chief of Police).
- Ten (10) hours per month of participation (riding patrol with regular officers for a minimum of 4
hours per month) once having attained the proper level of training to allow
wearing of the uniform.
- Must have and maintain a Michigan Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Must pass a physical examination by the City’s doctor, including drug testing.
- Must maintain acceptable physical, emotional and mental fitness as established by a licensed
- Must have the ability to pass a Written Examination, Agility Test and Oral Interview, as may be
- Must be able to perform essential job functions as set forth in the job description for members of the
Three Rivers Police Auxiliary.
- Must present a valid Social Security Card and Birth Certificate.
- Must successfully complete and pass all mandatory training.
- Must successfully pass semi-annual firearms qualifications testing.
All appointments to the Three Rivers Police Auxiliary Unit are made by the authority and at the discretion of the Chief of Police. All Auxiliaries are hired and remain on probationary status for one year. During this probationary period, the member may be discharged by the Chief of Police with or without cause.
If you meet the above minimum requirements and are interested in an application you can now
download one from the
City of Three Rivers' website in either
MS Word or
We Appreciate Your